Leading Second Coaching Groups are for executive pastors, campus pastors, and lead team members. These groups are for you if you want to…
Through this 12-month coaching journey, our commitment is to walk alongside you and help you to grow in your leadership in the second-chair. Our heart is to see you begin to thrive in your leadership and give you the tools to maintain strength as you lead.
Leadership doesn’t have to be lonely. Our prayer is that you would see that you’re not alone. We see a collective of peers in passion. Peers who also want to get it right for their pastors, for their churches, and ultimately for Jesus. We are creating an atmosphere for leaders to come together, be challenged and stretched, and develop deeper relationships that will help them to stay the course in ministry.
- Monthly teachings from some of the finest second-chair leaders across the Church
- Practical tools to help carry the load of ministry with your pastors
- Interactive exercises with feedback from your coaches to stretch your leadership capacity
- Monthly in-depth coaching calls with your cohort
- Community building through a private online platform
- 3-day leadership summit in Phoenix, AZ, November 30th-December 2nd, 2022
Over the course of 12 months, you will walk through teaching and training specifically designed to stretch and strengthen you. By completion of this semester of Coaching Groups you will be better equipped with…
- Time management skills
- A personal dashboard to maintain health in your leadership
- Tools for leading teams effectively
- Teaching on how to build trust with your pastors
- A renewed clarity of your purpose in the second-chair
- Training on how to have emotional intelligence
- Effective practices & disciplines for leading from the middle
We offer two pricing plans to choose from:
1. Pay in full comes at a discounted rate. Option 1 payment is due by 09/01/22.
2. The two payment option will be two payments of $1,050. The first payment of $1,050 will be due by 09/01/22. The second payment of $1050 will be due by 11/17/22.
Leading Second Coaching Groups are a 12-month leadership development program for church leaders featuring monthly coaching sessions and an in-person leadership summit in Phoenix, AZ on November 30th-December 2nd, 2022.
Leading Second Coaching Groups are for leaders in church ministry. Paid or volunteer staff members are welcome to apply. Our cohorts are designed for Executive Pastors, Campus Pastors, and Lead Team members. We believe that anyone serving their church can lead second. When stating “second-chair”, we are referencing the spirit of leading second, not just a leader sitting in the second seat on the org chart.
Monthly Meeting Schedule:
– Thursday September 8th 2022 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday October 13th 2022 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday November 10th 2022 – 10AM-11:15AM (PST)
– Wednesday November 30th-Friday December 2nd – Onsite Coaching Intensive (PHX, AZ)
– Thursday January 12th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PST)
– Thursday February 9th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PST)
– Thursday March 2nd 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PST)
– Thursday April 13th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday May 11th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday June 8th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday July 13th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
– Thursday August 17th 2023 – 10AM-11:15AM (PDT)
Each cohort will have 6 participants and 2 coaches. We are creating an intentional space for leaders to grow deeper relationships and have the ability to be coached on a personal level.
Leading Second Coaching Groups are launching on September 8th, 2022 and will meet each month until August 17th, 2023. Applications for this round of Coaching Groups are open from May 5th, 2022 until August 11th, 2022.
Before applying to join Leading Second Coaching Groups, please review the following requirements for applications:
– 3-5 minute video testimony
– Completion of the coaching groups application including a 500 word essay
– 2 References
– $25 nonrefundable application fee
Once your application and non-refundable application fee have been received, you will receive final notice of the status of your application via email within 3 weeks.
Participants can expect to spend 4-8 hours a month on Coaching Groups. Each month (besides December due to the in-person summit) will feature a teaching lesson, a 75-minute coaching session, and tools & practices to put into action in their leadership. There will be an in-person leadership summit in Phoenix, AZ from November 30th-December 2. Participants will be expected to travel to Phoenix and be present for this summit.
Coaches and cohorts will be assigned at the discretion of Leading Second. We will be praying and applying wisdom to best match leaders to the cohorts and coaches that will benefit them the most. All decisions on coaches and cohorts will be final.
Many churches have special budgets for pastoral staff to attend conferences and buy reading materials to develop their ministry skills. If Leading Second Coaching Groups sound like something that would be a great fit but you’re not sure how funding would work, consider writing an email to your supervisor or elders and ask if there might be a ministry development fund that could be applied towards this program.