Your 12 Month
- Monthly teaching from proven second-chair leaders from across the Church
- Practical tools to help carry the load of ministry with your pastors
- Interactive exercises with feedback from your coaches to stretch your leadership capacity
- Three in-depth coaching calls with your coach & cohort
- Three 1:1 coaching calls with your coach
- Community building through a private online platform
- 3-day leadership summit in Phoenix, AZ in late November-early December, 2023
What Will You Gain
In These 12 Months?
- Receive a renewed clarity of your purpose in the second-chair
- Understand the need for self-awareness in your leadership
- Develop a personal dashboard to sustain healthy leadership rhythms
- Gain the practical tools to develop leaders around you
- Confidently know how to steward the visionary leadership of your pastor
- Discover and embrace your unique leadership style
- Build relationships, reduce team stress, and defuse conflict
- Master the three pillars of leading yourself, leading up, and leading others
We offer two pricing plans to choose from:
1. Pay in full comes at a discounted rate. Payment is due by 09/05/23.
2. The two payment option will be two payments of $1,200. Payment one is due by 09/05/23. Payment two is due by 11/02/23.
What leaders have said about Coaching Groups:
Testimonies from Coaching Groups participants.
”Being around leaders that are going in the same direction, have the same heart, and sitting in the same chair as me is so encouraging. My Pastors have seen the growth and comment on it often. They are highly impressed on what I have been learning and are confident in Leading Second.Adam LopezChief Operating Officer at Hope Unlimited Church Santa Fe
”I feel so much more confident and secure in my position and calling. It's hard to calculate just how much of a change I feel in mentality and heart.Chris DavisExecutive Pastor at Oasis Church
”I honestly had some areas that were unhealthy in me and God has put his finger on. I am living more intentional than I ever have and am making changes to my health and soul as a leader that is transforming my life.Ron JohnLocation Pastor at Gracelife Chapel
”Through my coach as well as the monthly group sessions, I've learned a lot from an organizational stand point. Some examples would be systems, meeting flows, leadership development. Every session has benefited me in it's own way. I feel like I'm better for my pastor.Jared AyresMinistry Director at Skybreak Church
Leading Second Coaching Groups are a 12-24 month leadership development program for church leaders featuring monthly coaching sessions and a retreat for Coaching Group participants in late November-early December, 2023.
Year 1 is for first time Coaching Group participants. Year 2 is for participants who have completed Year 1 of Coaching Groups who want to continue their journey of learning how to master the art of second-chair leadership.
Year One is for first time Coaching Group participants. This is a 12-month coaching experience which includes monthly coaching Zoom calls, 3 group sessions with your cohort, 3 1:1 sessions with your coach, and an in-person Summit in Phoenix, AZ.
Year Two is for participants who have completed Year 1 of Coaching Groups who want to continue their journey of learning how to master the art of second-chair leadership. Year Two is a 12-month coaching experience which includes monthly coaching Zoom calls, 3 group sessions with your cohort, 3 1:1 sessions with your coach, an in-person Summit in Phoenix, AZ, plus an additional onsite observation/training in Seattle, WA.
Leading Second Coaching Groups are for leaders in church ministry. Paid or volunteer staff members are welcome to apply. Our cohorts are designed for Executive Pastors, Campus Pastors, and Lead Team members. We believe that anyone serving their church can lead second. When stating “second-chair”, we are referencing the spirit of leading second, not just a leader sitting in the second seat on the org chart.
Group meetings happen once per month on Thursdays.
To find the full schedule, see the “SCHEDULE” section above.
Each cohort will be intentionally small with a coach dedicated to just their cohort. We are creating a space for leaders to grow deeper relationships and have the ability to be coached on a personal level.
Before applying to join Leading Second Coaching Groups, please review the following requirements for applications:
– 3-5 minute video testimony
– Completion of the coaching groups application including a 500 word essay
– 2 References (Peer & Direct Report)
– $25 nonrefundable application fee
Once your application and non-refundable application fee have been received, you will receive final notice of the status of your application via email within 3 weeks.
Participants can expect to spend 4-8 hours a month on Coaching Groups. Each month (besides December due to the in-person summit) will feature a teaching lesson, a 90-minute coaching session, and tools & practices to put into action in their leadership. There will be an in-person leadership summit in Phoenix, AZ in late November – early December, 2023. Participants will be expected to travel to Phoenix and be present for this summit.
Coaches and cohorts will be assigned at the discretion of Leading Second. We will be praying and applying wisdom to best match leaders to the cohorts and coaches that will benefit them the most. All decisions on coaches and cohorts will be final.
Many churches have special budgets for pastoral staff to attend conferences and buy reading materials to develop their ministry skills. If Leading Second Coaching Groups sound like something that would be a great fit but you’re not sure how funding would work, consider writing an email to your supervisor or elders and ask if there might be a ministry development fund that could be applied towards this program.